- Why does my specialty floor need to be removed?
- Should I open the windows to help the drying process?
- What are some safety concerns?
Nonporous flooring can trap water and prevent it and the materials under it from drying properly.
Opening the windows in your home to assist the drying process is not always recommended. Outside weather conditions may vary. Your ServiceMaster Restore technician will determine when and if opening windows to let in outside air is advisable.
There are often health risks associated with finding mould in your property, including allergy-like respiratory symptoms, skin irritation, cold and flu symptoms, headaches, nausea and mould-induced asthma. It’s important to know the causes of the mould growth before it occurs, so you can work to avoid damage to both your health and your facility.